Monday, November 11, 2013

The ONLY Circumstances in which Facebook Food Pictures are COMPREHENDABLE

You've probably garnered from the title that I'm not a fan of the old food picture. It's not that I have anything against it. It's just that a picture of your friday beer or sunday mojito isn't exactly what I signed up to facebook for. Not that these are the most offensive of the food/drink related posts people seem to spend most of their lives composing. That would probably be the pictures of coffee in styrofoam cups.
Then there's the issue of the would-be-chefs. That post pictures of everything they make, whether or not it looks particularly edible seems to be of little importance.
Another highly disturbing development is pictures of just completely boring and regular food items. The sort of food items that don't exactly sashay across the plate, let alone make a riveting photograph.
I concede that I'm a little grumpy. There was a lot of pictures of nonplussed vegetables on my facebook news feed over the last few weeks. So I propose the following exceptions to the cause, in all of the following cases I think it would be both charming and relevant to post a picture of your food. Otherwise it might be best to just refrain. 

1) The most obvious thing to take a picture of is food that decides to fight back. Whether this is a chicken squirting hot oil in a lemons eyes or a piece of spinach finally having its way with popeye.
2) If strange relationships develop between your food. Please feel free to report them. 
3)  If your food gives you magnificent and secret powers, I would like to know. 
4) Any ridiculously talented food is also a welcome piece of news. 
5) Also food that is participating in torrid love affairs. 

1 comment:

  1. You've probably garnered from the title that I'm not a fan of the old food picture. It's not that I have anything against it. It's just that a picture of your friday beer or sunday mojito isn't exactly what I signed up to facebook for. Not that these are the most offensive of the food/drink related posts people seem to spend most of their lives composing. That would probably be the pictures of coffee in styrofoam cups.
    Buy Facebook Likes

    ReplyDelete

Follow This Blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner