I concede that I'm a little grumpy. There was a lot of pictures of nonplussed vegetables on my facebook news feed over the last few weeks. So I propose the following exceptions to the cause, in all of the following cases I think it would be both charming and relevant to post a picture of your food. Otherwise it might be best to just refrain.
1) The most obvious thing to take a picture of is food that decides to fight back. Whether this is a chicken squirting hot oil in a lemons eyes or a piece of spinach finally having its way with popeye.
2) If strange relationships develop between your food. Please feel free to report them.
3) If your food gives you magnificent and secret powers, I would like to know.
4) Any ridiculously talented food is also a welcome piece of news.
5) Also food that is participating in torrid love affairs.